Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Valentine's Day!!

I've been working on a few Valentine's Day projects here. We made Andrew a heart mobile to hang in his bedroom doorway and I was inspired by this blog to make this fun XOXO decoration below. Her blog is just full of amazing projects and I wish I had more time in the day to do them!

The best thing about the XOXO project (I also made a LOVE one) is that I already had all of the supplies and it literally took me 15 minutes to make each one. You can't beat that! If you want directions please click here.

I'm working on one more Valentine's Day decor project so stay tuned for that. Plus I've got some great ideas for Teacher and friend gifts.








the marbles really sparkle when the light hits them. So pretty!






Here is Andrew's mobile...




Again, super simple and easy to make and Andrew helped me every step of the way. I just cut out a bunch of heart with my rusty trusty Cricut.





Grabbed some white netting I had left over from Christmas.

Layed out the hearts in the order I liked and punch a small hole at the top and bottom of each heart and connected each heart with the tulleing. (pardon my ridiculously dirty table - guess I should have wiped it down after lunch! :-)


Then we used tacks to place them above the door frame.


Voila! Easy peasy.


8 comments:

Michelle Whitlow said...

such cute projects!!! Gosh, I haven't even thought about Valentine's Day...guess I'd better get moving!!

Lanette said...

cute cute cute-and why didn't that maid wipe that table after lunch???? hahahahaahaha

Tami said...

THanks Michelle!

Lanette - I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to have to have a chat with her. ;-)

Loni said...

Super cute Valentine's day things! I can't wait to see what you are doing for the teachers. I need some fresh ideas.
Loni

Marianne said...

Adorable!!! I love them...I get together with one of my friends one Saturday a month to do projects so I can't wait to do something like this. But I love the XO...thanks for sharing :)

Mommas Soapbox said...

So cute! Love it. Are mine in the mail??? ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I need to get out some valentine decorations here.
Mom

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Look how cute! I love your creations!!! Adorable. I got a Cricut for Christmas and still haven't broken it out. I love that!

I sent you an email, but I would love it if you would link this up to my Weekend Wrap Up Party that's starting on Saturday!

XOXO
Jen