Friday, July 31, 2009

Feels like fall.


Yesterday was down right cold!! It was 55 most of the day and rainy. So, Andrew and I took advantage of the fall like weather and baked. We put on some tunes, lit our gingerbread spice candle and made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with cream cheese icing. YUM-O!

If you've never had these muffins you have to make them (with or without the icing.) I found the muffin recipe here and then made my own cream cheese frosting.

In the words of a friend from New York.... these muffins are slap your momma good. (It still doesn't make sense to me but it makes me laugh everytime I hear it. )

Cream Cheese frosting
8 ounces cream cheese
5 tbs butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients well until smooth.

My little beater cleaner.













2 comments:

Shelly said...

YUMMMMYYYYY!!!! I def will be making tose come the real fall! :)

Michelle Whitlow said...

How funny!!! We just made those this morning!!! I actually adjusted her recipe a bit. I add 1/2tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp allspice. And I add more chocolate chips (2/3 cup, the mini ones). Mmmmm goodness!! I'll have to try it with the frosting next time. We usually just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Frosting is always better!!