Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gift ideas

It's beyond cold today so Andrew and I have been baking and making some gifts for friends. I thought I'd share in case anyone needs some fun gift ideas. The first thing we made was Blizzard Bites. Oh my gosh... these are so yummy and very simple to make. It makes A LOT so be prepared to hand it out to neighbors and friends. I got the idea from this blog. You can find the recipe here. I love the way she packaged hers. I didn't have containers like she used so I put mine in craft bags that I got here. There is more info about the packaging below.






We made Blizzard Bites and Magical Reindeer food for Andrew's friends in his Monday playgroup. Here are the packages.



When I saw these containers I had to get them. I knew I'd use them for something. They worked perfect for this project!



I attached a tag to the jar with the last name of the family I'm giving it to.








For the opening I just tore a hole in the paper and then put "snow" around the edges for a little extra touch. I think I'll be making some of these Blizzard Bites for Andrew's teachers. I'm all out of bags so I'll have to come up with another container to put them in. :-)

Well that is it! Put a fork in me I'm done for today. :-)

1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

You've been busy! I love the Reindeer food. You *know* I'm running out and getting some of those containers now!!