Saturday, November 8, 2008

A new career...

Okay, here is the second post of the day. Guess I'm trying to play make-up!


Check out what I got in the mail this past week!!

I enrolled in a medical transcription course and this is my first shipment of materials. There are 5 more shipments. Wow! I’ve already read some chapters and completed a few quizzes. I must say it’s strange to study again. It’s been eleven years since I graduated from college but I am really liking it. I have to say I didn’t expect to learn all of the things I’m learning from this course. I thought it was just going to be practicing transcription but I am learning all about the disease process, genetics, diagnosis, and on and on. It's all very interesting and is really making me want to go to nursing school. I would love to pursue that now but it just isn’t the right time for our family. I’m very glad I will be working in the medical field though. I’ve always found it interesting and it’s very exciting learning more about it.

Although I really liked working in pubic relations, in my opinion, it’s just not a very Mommy friendly career and with Blake’s work schedule and no family near by it’s just about impossible.

Wish me luck! :-)


1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Good luck!!! You'll do great :)